We bought this machine from a private owner and before we bought it the guy cranked it up and and we ran it around the yard and all the lifting parts worked and the overall looks were acceptable so we bought it. There was no key for the machine so you had to run a hot jumper wire to the distributor to get it to start up and run which was not an issue at the time. We carried it home and unloaded it and it sat for a couple months before we had the time to fool with it to fix up a few things that needed attention before we needed it. We only have to use it about 3 or 4 times a year so we didn't want to buy a new machine. Well When I went out to start it up to bring it up to the shop it wouldn't start. It would crank over but would not start so I did a minor tune up on it, plugs, points, cond, etc. It still would not start and it looked like the coil was bad ( leaking oil out the top) so I put a coil on it and got fire to the plugs but still it would not start. I did a compression test and all the cylinders had fair compression so I checked the fuel and the tank was full of water. Drained the tank, cleaned the carb and flushed all the lines and put on a new fuel filter and tried it again. Still wouldn't start, it was late in the day and getting dark and while my buddy was cranking it over I noticed there was spark jumping from the plug wires so the next day I put a new set of wires on the old girl and finally it did start with the help of a little either. It started but the engine sounded awful and would not take gas at all. I let it warm up for awhile and played with it and finally got it to where it would rev a little and ran a can of power tune through the intake and it spit, sputtered, coughed, and finally cut off and I let it sit for about 20 minutes and started it back up and played with it until it would rev up and I let it run about 3/4 to WFO for about a minute or so and cut it off. After doing this a couple times to clean out the carbon on the upper part of the engine I finally got it to run really good but I was wondering just what in the heck they did to the engine to get it to run so good when we checked it out. It sat again for a few weeks before I had the time to mess with it and when I went out to get it to bring it back to the shop it started right up and after it warmed up a little I went to put it in gear and the clutch pedal went right to the floor. It has a hydraulic clutch so I checked the fluid and it looked to be full of fluid but it would not pump up, no pressure at all. I didn't see any leaks but I could tell someone had been adding fluid to it because you could see where it had leaked out the fill hole and ran down the cylinder. After talking to the guy I bought it from and getting the old....I don't know what the problem is now, we never had any problems with it at all line I started to check around to see if I could get some info on the truck so we could properly work on the machine and fix stuff when it broke but holy cow the folk truck world it seems is a tightly iron fisted and controlled operation that likes to keep secrets about any info there is about any kind of lift truck. I thought the boat business was tight on keeping their parts tightly controlled by dealers but they are nothing compared to lift trucks. I know this is a old truck and the original manufacturer is not in business any longer but I can't believe a lot of the parts for these things have not been picked up by the aftermarket guys. Everybody I've talked to says these are really great machines but they are hard to get parts for. I don't want to junk the old girl or pass it on to some other poor sucker to deal with. So I guess I was wondering where can you get parts for this machine without having to mortgage the homestead to pay for them? :usa
Here is a link to the company that makes them now. Has a “Talk to Us” tab on webs site for e-mail. You might get some initial general info there http://www.d7mfg.com/html/products.html
Does anyone have a parts manual for this machine?
I worked on one LiftAll, don't recall the model number, but the chassis looked very familiar to me, turns out it was a Deere forklift chassis (maybe a 380 or 480) that LiftAll built a forklift around.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that.
I looked into the 380 and the 480 machines and they use a different type clutch system but thanks anyway it was worth the try.