Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull 644 Highlander II – Busted Boom Hydraulic Line

Ebrazil ยท 2012-09-12 11:30

Broke a 3/4 hydraulic boom line on top of the boom yesterday (Needed a 1" 1/4 wrench). The line was so old that I could not read the specs markings on the hose. I had one made this morning, but the shop only had 5/8 line, 2750 psi. Does anyone know the PSI of the original hose and will my replacement work?

Replies3
  1. #1icestationzebra2012-09-12 19:21

    I couldn't find a pressure on the web, but I would guess that it is 3000psi hose. Also by going with 5/8 you will slow down the extend speed, especially if it gets cold. ISZ

  2. #2Ebrazil2012-09-12 21:47

    Put on the line and it is working, but watching to see if performance is lacking. I'm in deep Florida so the chances of it getting cold, really cold would be an unusual event. Thank you for your response. EB.

  3. #3icestationzebra2012-09-13 18:43

    You will probably never notice the difference then. ISZ