I have P185 with a JD motor it cranks and tries to start but can't. I have checked fuel shut off and replace fuel pump. I checked all fuses and all good. Can anyone help me find out what else to check?
Does the fuel shut down solenoid activate when cranking?
The Deere engine serial number?
New issue while running, or has it been sitting a while and now not starting? 4024 pumps and injectors stick/crap out with bad fuel sitting in them.
It shows power and working. Replaced it also
PE4024R075067
It was running then stop and they tried to restart it till the battery's died. Then parked it in the yard. so i couldn't get any codes or anything
I have check fuel replace fuel filters and the housing. check all fuses. Also I but in a inline fuel pump to see and still the same.
Is this a mechanical engine with pump/line & nozzle or electronic fuel injection? If it's got a rotary pump, I'd crack a line loose and see if you're getting delivery. If no fuel present at injector, I'd tie the fuel shut-off lever in the open position to physical end of travel. Do not trust the shut-off solenoid. Is it a 2 wire or 3?
Mechanical injection. Under the valve cover unit pumps with their own injectors (which are not sold separately). You said the fuel shutoff solenoid has voltage and is working, but does the fuel shutoff solenoid continue to have voltage while cranking? Is there any smoke out the exhaust when cranking?
I get black smoke out of the exhaust when cranking
Boss has a skidloader that the rack sticks on it have to keep trying it will eventually start. The odd think is when it gets bad and you change the oil it gets better. The little cover with one bolt you take off and see if it is stuck
What is the voltage at the fuel shutdown and what’s the last 3 of the serial number of the p185
You said it shut down on its own and would not restart or did someone shut it down and it would not restart? Is the air end putting an unnecessary load on the engine? Will it start with the air valve open? Has fuel supply pressure been checked? Return check valve been replaced?
Did you ever get it started I have one doing the same but I don't have power at solenoid
Is the start bypass system working? Post a picture of your control panel.
I have the start switch not a regular key if that helps.compressor has brand new harness two new relays new secu new fuel shut off solenoid all replaced prior to me getting to work on it TIA
Do you have all the proper inputs to the SECU?
I will check when I get back around it thank you
if your safety switches are good (check continuity) I had issues before where the secu controller doesn’t provide enough voltage to the shutdown solenoid. So we have added a aftermarket relay to power it on
Safety switches check out good.could you tell me how your wiring in the relay for the fuel shutoff.
Thanks exactly what I was thinking
I forgot to add the fuse at the starter positive
I have been having the same issue with my 2010 IR/Doosan P185. Crank but no start; very sporadic and not reliable. Once it gets started I just let it run for the day. Replaced the fuel pump, fuel shut-off solenoid, starter switch, return fuel check valve and the SECU to try to solve. Does anybody know what the cable and associated relay labeled K2 is for? I know K1 is the relay for the glow plugs and it is working. No wiring diagram I have shows the K2 relay...which is the exact same relay module used in K1. Turning the starter switch to the "ON" position should provide power (12VDC) to the fuel shut-off solenoid to open it up. In my case it doesn't. Only gets 12VDC power when turning the switch to "START" then no power as the switch moves back to the "ON" position. I am not at a point in the "sprinkler blowout season" to do a permanent fix as was drawn out here by Los07. I have temporarily found a 12VDC connection that is active when switched to ON and have ran a wire to connect back into the fuel shut-off solenoid. So far...so good
That is correct. No power to the solenoid until you are in start position. Then when the engine starts, while holding it in the start position until the engine has oil pressure, then the solenoid will have voltage in the on position.
What i do, just for troubleshooting. Hot wire fuel s/o solenoid. Now you're bypassing the wedge controllers safety features. Let it run for 30 seconds and see what errors out on the wedge controller. Usually a faulty coolant or oil sensor. Good luck
what’s the last 3 of your serial number I have access to Doosan/bobcat wiring diagrams. If only crank no start I’d check your safety switches (separator temp sensor, air end temp sensor, engines temp sensor) they should have continuity.