Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I have a question about a cummins 220

war hammer ranch ยท 2023-10-02 00:12

Hello all, I have the opportunity to pick up an old scoopmobile loader. The wiring on the machine is in really bad shape so we have just jumped the starter directly to the battery. I am not really a mechanic but I think this has an old Cummins 220 in it. I have tried to look online for information on this engine but I KNOW i am not really tech savvy. I have taken a quick video of the question I have and I have posted it here. I hope I did that right. if one of you old Cummins guys could take a look and tell me what I should do that would be awesome. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Replies4
  1. #1mekanik2023-10-02 03:05

    The solenoid needs to be powered for the engine to run.

  2. #2war hammer ranch2023-10-02 11:42

    THANK YOU. SO much that is so helpful. I will run a power wire to it and go from there. Thanks again.

  3. #3Dave Neubert2023-11-17 17:09

    you can turn the knurled knob on the fuel solenoid and that will put on manual but you ill have to back it out to shut it off

  4. #4war hammer ranch2023-12-04 21:18

    Sorry for the late reply Dave, we decided to pass on the machine. It was just more love then we could give it but thank you we did get it running but the Hydraulics were another problem.