Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I heard a ‘bang’ and then my track went loose?

Rodney R ยท 2014-03-18 07:06

I went to move, and I heard a bang (could have been the sprocket slipping in the chain), and the entire track was loose, all the way, all the adjustment was 'off'...... I tried to put grease in the tensioner to tighten the track, but no grease will go in, like it's reached it's end. Could this mean the big recoil spring is broken? This is on a JD 790. Rodney

Replies5
  1. #1cutting edge2014-03-18 07:43

    yup

  2. #2yanmar2014-03-18 13:57

    yup been there done that on a 790 lol SERGE

  3. #3Kay 92014-03-22 20:39

    Might have skipped a tooth. The idler Piston might need cleaning. How far out are the idlers? Be very careful about those idlers and springs. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

  4. #4Rodney R2014-03-23 18:19

    Turned out that the piston had somehow slid off of the idler. Rodney

  5. #5Kay 92014-03-23 18:46

    Must be bit of play in the frame. Might need to be welded to keep the idler square. Sounds as if the chains are worn though Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk