Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I just bought an Eimco 103C

craig67901 · 2023-10-07 23:42

Hello I just purchased an Eimco 103C with a 4-71 Detroit diesel bull dozer and am looking for some info on this unit maybe manuals any help is much appreciated. The unit seems to run and move OK it does have a miss I probably have slobbering injectors because its wet on the stack after running a bit.

Replies6
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-10-09 23:40

    Try working it hard to see if it clears up. It could be slobbering because it was left idling for long periods.

  2. #2Rustyshacklford2023-10-10 21:07

    Welder Dave is right. Those old two stroke Detroits loved being ran wide open or not at all. If they idled a lot, they’d start to slobber out the stack. I’ve seen this on quite a few Ts-14’s w that same engine on the back do that.

  3. #3Welder Dave2023-10-10 21:47

    It's not just the 2 stroke Detroits. The shop that did my 3204 said not to let it idle for long periods because in extreme cases that can get so slobbered up they won't rev up.

  4. #4BC Placer gold2023-10-10 22:01

    The 6-71 in our Euclid c-6 cleans up nice once warmed up and given some work (full throttle). I never idle it more than necessary. We use Chevron delo 100 40 weight oil. Ours also has a ateco ripper.

  5. #5craig679012023-10-11 11:26

    An update. I have not taken the valve cover all the way off because of needing to remove the air filter box but I did lift it up last night and look in and so far I see both valve Bridges off the valves on #4 cylinder so I will take all apart and put the Bridges back in adjust valves and injectors and see if it clears up. I will run with no valve cover and short out the injectors to see if firing

  6. #6craig679012023-10-28 10:05

    An update. I removed the air filter box and valve cover got the valve bridges put back in place and adjusted all valves and injectors. with the radiator full of coolant while running after a bit it pushed out some coolant. I shorted out the injectors while running#3 when shorted out the white smoke quit when shorting out #4 nothing happened. 1&2 when shorted it almost kills the engine. Unit keeps pushing out coolant took off the cap its boiling pretty good not and right away so i took the hand hole covers off and PSI up the radiator and got coolant in #3 on the cylinder liner on that same cylinder the rings have little to no spring tension so this is not good news. I am not sure if i can make room to do an in-frame or if i have to pull the engine.