Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I just bought my first skid steer, Case 1845C or is it a 1845B?

Marco Valenzuela ยท 2022-10-23 00:23

Hello, I recently decided to purchase a skid steer to assist in a large paver job for my backyard, as I have a lot of earth to remove and replace with road base. I decided to buy (assuming I could find something reasonably priced) because the rental yards are getting $225 to $350 a day for skid steer. Plus who doesn't want a tractor. I am a decent mechanic, I recently brought a Cat RC60 back to life that I use my lumber milling business. Any how, I found a listing for a Case 1845C, looked to be pretty straight. The owner said it had a Perkins engine, this excited me because my RC60 has a Perkins.. It was bit rougher then I hoped, but the motor sounds strong and the hydraulics functioned well. The shop lost the key and we had to start it with a jumper across the starter. I was able to talk the dealer down to $5500. I probably should have paid less, but it seemed like a good model from the research I did the night before. I brought it home, off the bat I need to fix the ignition ASAP, I order a replacement key/ignition, it should be in tomorrow. Another issue that needs to be fixed ASAP is the levers, when it starts, the machine wants to start tracking to the left. Dangerous, especially when starting from outside. After doing research, the serial number didn't seem to line up with the 1845c database. I then realized all the photos online didn't match the 1845C model, it looks like an 1845B.. Can anyone here confirm that it is an 1845B? I ordered the parts book for and manuals for a 1845B. Upon examination of the levers, there the clamp brackets seem to be loose, and the shock absorbers are blown. Any advice is welcome.

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2022-10-23 02:59

    It is a B. As to the one you let walk. There was never a Perkins in an 1845C from the factory. If it had a Perkins in it, someone for some reason put one in it.

  2. #2Marco Valenzuela2022-10-24 12:44

    Thanks.