Hi All, Recently wrapped up an overhaul on a '98 763 w/o BOSS. 3200hrs Pulled engine and hydrostatic pump, replaced a swashplate, leaky hydraulic lines, fluids, filters etc etc. All the engine components were fine, so didn't work on anything there. Yesterday as my shade tree mechanic and I were doing final hookups, he was connecting the negative wire to the battery (pos was already connected) and the fuel shutoff solenoid clicked over, then after about 30 secs starting smoking and then lit up. We got the fire out, the only damage so far is the solenoid burned up and we lost 8” of wire. I have a pretty good idea of why it burned up, but my question is where did the power come from? I verified that the key was in “off” position and had even pulled the key to be safe. The fuel solenoid was the only thing energized. Any thoughts or help would be great. Thanks.
No replies yet.