Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I know nothing, HELP!

Glen Fullford ยท 2022-06-12 11:09

I have a Mitsubishi ms120/8 series excavator. I am having trouble finding a shop manual for it that I can afford, if anyone can help me with locating one or to down load one that would be a big help. My other question is my Kawasaki swing motor is low on fluid. I can't find a straight answer online. It is an M series axial motor type mx80ca-11a-01/220 The name plate also says use for c852-50000 no. 828512278. I am clueless but eager to learn. Glen What type of fluid should i use

Replies5
  1. #11466IH2022-06-12 13:15

    I can't help you with any of the Mitsubishi stuff unless it has an engine used in other equipment but the swing gearbox is generally just 80w-90 filled up to the line on the dipstick. If it is low on oil though I would suspect a bad seal in which case the whole gearbox has to come out and in most cases completely disassembled to replace.

  2. #2chidog2022-06-12 15:10

    In a pinch, just go to a dealer and ask to look at the shop manual. Most of the time they will even copy pages for you. I have so far never been turned down on that request.

  3. #3keephercobble2023-09-28 12:01

    80/90 gear oil like all digger, gearbox

  4. #4James Sorochan2023-09-28 19:21

    Glen. With the gear oil, it might not take much to bring it up to the full level. Once its full keep an eye on it to see if it drops over time. May or may not have a problem with it leaking.

  5. #5keephercobble2023-09-29 02:49

    Had that MS120 got cables or is it the older one with direct linkage from the control lever, I put a lot of hours on the old one, there were a great digger, remember oill is about the cheapest thing you can buy for them, they had 55 mm bucket pins which a hard to find most new stuff 65 mm , the track motor and slew motor were were made, slow and strong, it would lift any thing in her own time, I was on holiday a few years ago I saw about ten of them working flat out still, in the middle of spain