1. A stuck drive pedal can get you where you don't want to go. 2. My CAT has hydraulic problems...........stick won't move while traveling. Boom works a little while traveling 3. Just because you went down a slope once, doesn't mean you can do it again on disturbed dirt. I slide the CAT into the pond's island this afternoon. I was creeping half way down the slope enought to scoop out silt from the base of the island. First bucket okay on scattered vegetation. Second scoop on freshly graded clay slide my left track into the silt. My door opening was at the island and silt was into the door frame corner. I left it at full throttle. I stepped up onto the island and climbed over the right track to climb back up the slope. I got my tractor and another chain (dumptruck needed a pull after dumping near back fence and getting slip stuck) and my son. My son held chain tension while I swung the bucket in front of me and lifted the tracks out of the silt. I didn't realized it, but somewhere in my ride down, the tracks swapped ends. I don't remember backing down the slope anyway. Then he pulled while I alternated between boom and stick pushing with travel. We got her out, but I can not take anymore risks on slopes until I get my hyd. right. I didn't think to get the camera before I got it out away from the island. I took photos of mud in the cab and of the frame where it was, but my digital camera needs button work and those photos did not come out. Luke brought the camera to me and the second photo was fogged a little, but you can see the mud on the forward lower door frame. Also where the tracks were in the water Anyway, you can see where the bucket ended up by the fresh dirt marks on the end of the island. I do not know why it turned to the right. But the swing sticks sometimes, along with the right travel pedal. Otherwise she is a digging machine. It's taking me awhile because I dig, load, haul, dump, and repeat with the tractor keeping the loading area level. hugs, Brandi
#1 could definitely get you into a mess. #2. Probably nothing wrong, older machines generally don't walk and chew gum at the same time very well. Glad to hear you got it unstuck without too much trouble.
Well, I'm gonna get an excavator mechanic to check it out. If it won't walk and chew gum at the same time................gonna buy a for sale sign for her, before I put a hyd. thumb on it. I pulled the lower cover, under the controls and washed it all out. I found the photo with mud across the corner of the door frame. hugs, Brandi
Second issue is normal, my old hitachi ex60-1 also same. The best thing for you to do is trade it for bigger size hoe, around 120 size or 200 size would work great in farm.
I haul this CAT with my one ton dually for odd jobs. At least that is a retirement goal. I do have the Ford F700 dump (which I will sale when I finish enlarging the pond) , but it doesn't have a hitch and I just have a gooseneck. So I'm slowly getting into bigger equipment. Time will tell. I can't see buying larger than 18,000 pounds, unless I win the lottery, which I hardly ever play. hugs, Brandi
Having two days to think about what I did wrong....and starring at the photos......... I now realize my left track starting skidding first. Then more as I tried to dump the bucket and lift the boom up into the island to stop my skid. My left skid and momentum pushed my bucket around the end of the island. I still am not sure how the tracks swapped ends. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! hugs, Brandi