Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m beginning to hate this Backhoe lol

Earthmachines · 2025-02-02 16:14

If anybody’s been following my credit at all, so I was the dealing with compression issues, but I sent the head off to the machine shop and I’ve received the head back, but I’m to put together to figure out the compression has been fixed. I think it while I had to head off, had a hydraulic filter and I had the fuel tank out. I might go fix some of the wiring issues so it looks like the power shuttle shift solenoid got ripped out the wiring harness and possibly the transmission temperature sending unit is gone, so I’m not sure if there’s an upper or lower wiring harness that connect together, but for the life of me when I look in the owners manual, the wiring colors are completely different from what I actually have on this machine if anybody has got any other wire schematics, I would greatly appreciate it or help me and into the right direction, figuring out how to wire up this power shuttle solenoid correctly

Replies5
  1. #1JL Sargent2025-02-02 17:18

    I feel for you. Working on a backhoe can be very frustrating. Do you have a Case dealer nearby that might can help with wiring schematics? Somebody here may can help.

  2. #2edgephoto2025-02-02 17:43

    I am not sure is true for Case but for Cat you need the serial number to get the correct info. Maybe post the serial so someone can help you get the correct wiring diagram.

  3. #3Earthmachines2025-02-02 19:09

    It’s 8950351 I’m going nuts I can’t find the clutch cutout control button and I still have power to two wires heading to floor button and one has power when I step on clutch but looking at schematics it shouldn’t work unless button is pressed on dash somewhere I mean the brake pedal actuated cutout switch should not work unless you hit dash switch but I can’t even find it

  4. #4Earthmachines2025-02-02 19:11

    Yea it’s just frustrating because it’s a 50 year old machine that has so many hands on it I’m sure so trying to figure out why someone did what they did is near impossible

  5. #5Earthmachines2025-02-02 20:23

    Figured it out I believe they had wires backwards on brake pedal switch now I need to run wire to solenoid on transmission and on floor switch just need to wire in a diode 10 amp I suppose wonder if I can just use a led