Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Wain Roy/Tag bucket question.

Kevin Foust · 2025-02-02 14:22

I picked up 2 buckets yesterday for my JCB 214S. It has the Wain Roy quick coupler and a 36" bucket. The 18" is a Wain Roy bucket and the 12" is a Tag. I knew the pin boss height was different on the 2 and figured I could relocate it. I just tried attaching it and it does fit on. I thought maybe the barrel that the pin goes through would be enough of a different angle that it wouldn't allow the pin to pass through but it does fit. Can I just run it like this with no issues? Do I need to lower it so the coupler seats like the others? add metal to the flat? I may just be a worry wart with it but was wanting some input from thsoe who have had experience. It's about 1 1/2 inches difference. The last pic shows the amount of gap. Thanks.

Replies2
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-02-02 20:03

    If the hook is setting on the pipe good ad aplate in for the coupler to push against when currling in so the pin is in shear.

  2. #2Kevin Foust2025-02-03 16:06

    Went out to the shop to get this bucket useable today. I figured I needed a little slop to make it like the others to get the pin in. I used a piece of 3/8" plate and put a "spacer" between it and the bucket. I used a cereal box which is less than a 1/16". Once that was where I wanted it I cut/ground pieces for the stand ups. I went at it slow till it was nice and snug. I then took it off and welded them to the main plate. Once the 2 outers were on, I made another for the center and just used a straight edge till it was all in line. I then tacked, checked for rock(it was fine) and welded it on as well. I positioned it on and tacked it in position. Then mounted the bucket to make sure everything was clearing and the pin went in fine. Threw a little paint on it and it should be good to go now. It moves a little but is actually less than the 36" does.