I bought a couple of Samsung 280 excavators, a Tigercat 630, a JD 450B and a IR SD-70 roller packer a few weeks ago from this guy as projects that needed work because they hadn't been run in 12 or more years. Ive got two of the projects running and I thought I'd hook my home made 4/0 jumper cables to a nearby JD 750B just to see what happened, since it's going to the scrap yard (or so I'm told), there was nothing to loose. I had to wiggle around the wires a bit behind the start button to make it crank but it turned over 5 or 6 times and fired right up with no starting fluid! The JD batteries in it had 2008 on them and there is NO transmission or hydraulic fluid in the machine. The machine isn't sitting in a spot that would make me think it was left where it stopped working (like out in an open field). It's on the side of an old dirt road like it was parked there to shut it off for the day. Other equipment I've gotten running is all around it and has been parked in the way for years. Can y'all think of any reasons why there would be no hydraulic fluid in either compartment (other than a leak due to a busted hose or bad seal)? No one knows anything about the machine. They've never heard it run. I'm no stranger to old crawlers but this would be my first hydrostatic transmission dozer. Just wanted to pick everyone's brain. Thanks in advance for your time!
And can someone tell me what oil compartment is on the left and right side when sitting in seat? Is the hydraulic transmission drive fluid compartment on the left or right?