Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m still here

Burnout ยท 2008-11-11 22:18

Hope you all didn't forget about me. Haven't posted pics for awhile, and since the year is almost over and I still need to claim the title of pic slut of 08, I'm here to give er. Started the new job almost 2 months ago, and still haven't posted any pics of the jobsite, so here goes. First up is my Hitachi Zaxis 450.

Replies33
  1. #1Burnout2008-11-11 22:24

    Our laydown area for the night, the 2 dozers on our site, and the hood of the 7R.

  2. #2Burnout2008-11-11 22:32

    More Hitachi stuff.... seriously these things are comin out of the freakin woodwork. Also our Deere 950J.

  3. #3Burnout2008-11-11 22:37

    And me on the move....out to the Airport. And the hoe I aspire to get someday, she's a bute ain't she Clarke?

  4. #4Burnout2008-11-11 22:50

    It's video time.... man with everyone posting videos around here with their pics, I am feelin some pressure. No making fun of my bad operating.... we'll save the poor operator comments for VantageTES' video's. See how slow that guy is?.... ha ha just messin with ya man. Most of the video's are at the Edmonton Airport, we're doin a parking lot there. Right now I'm just stripping topsoil. The planned on about 250 loads of topsoil to be stripped, today I hit 875 loads. Me loading a semi. Yes I am man enough to listen to taylor swift. I tell ya I'd strip the topsoil for her parking lot, you know... to park her car and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8IM9N-_tQ The 450 working with the 7R. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ZDTcUTuJg Stripping topsoil at 5 o'clock at night. Yeah its this dark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWkCIcwkWKI The Deere 950J, isn't this a quiet dozer? And like I said on the 2way int he video, at least when you push scrapers you can just plow into them, guys with brand new dump trailers tend to frown upon that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JjXJtFU1Es

  5. #5Deere96702008-11-11 23:21

    :lmao Haha yea I know what ya mean! I like how someone had to paint a big orange sign on the blade of that d7, so the truckers dident get lost Good to see ur back

  6. #6Burnout2008-11-11 23:39

    I am the arteest on that one.... chasing after Peterbilts with a D7R isn't exactly my idea of fun.

  7. #7redline2008-11-12 02:24

    mmmmmm taylor swift yummy

  8. #8qball2008-11-12 09:45

    it has been scientifically proven that you can load trucks 33% faster if you listen to AC/DC.

  9. #9Deere96702008-11-12 13:26

    ac/dc is the bomb I agree, if you put on thunderstruck, the trucks will never hit the brakes! They got some new stuff out thats alright, not as good as the old though!:drinkup

  10. #10hoeman6002008-11-12 18:52

    i duno burnout ive been postin pretty darn heavy ! glad to here the new job's goin ok.

  11. #11buddy6052008-11-12 19:02

    Good to see you are still there. I noticed you have changed and gone with waiward.

  12. #12JimBruce422008-11-12 19:42

    Great photos as always Burnout! Glad to see/hear the new job is going well.:notworthy I think Hoeman does have us all on the run for pic junky though :drinkup Your hoe looks sharp, when the winter frost hits, will they give you a different bucket/teeth or do those cutting edges work well in the frost too? I dunno, Fuel by Metallica was on the radio today and it definitely helped me out:drinkup

  13. #13bigblueox2008-11-12 20:40

    new job? are you not working for sureway anymore? nice vids by the way. u remind me alot of dirtman, some kinda smooth on the hoe. man i'd love a hoe with a radio, and a few truckloads of that topsoil!

  14. #14Deere96702008-11-12 20:57

    yea fuel will get ur blood pumping good!

  15. #15Dominion 4102008-11-12 21:04

    Cat 245 Like the Hitachi pics,but that 245-now your talking iron..

  16. #16hoeman6002008-11-12 21:28

    i guess im gettin OLD iv been listening to talk radio and its been getting me pretty dang fired up::usa :usa :usa :usa :drinkup

  17. #17Dirtman20072008-11-12 21:47

    Satilite radio and a good open field. nothing better, just not a good signal when your around trees. I'll start listening to the uncencered comedy channel and start laughing so hard I'll almost hit the truck. Good stuff though. Hey Burnout did you ever paint the back of the machine? I know you said you were going to do so.

  18. #18Deere96702008-11-12 21:47

    yea thats why i stay away from that stuff, otherwise im likely to blow a blood vessel or somthing. Alot of :drinkup:drinkup:drinkup helps sometimes though

  19. #19Deere96702008-11-12 21:50

    haha yea put some ron white in there or some larry the cable guy and id be spinning in circles!:drinkup

  20. #20Kenny R2008-11-12 21:55

    opcorn Always love your posts Burnout!

  21. #21Burnout2008-11-12 22:46

    My rockstars have banned me from listening to AC/DC, Skid Row, Van Halen or pretty much any metal in the hoe. I video'd myelf one day witht he Ipod on. I threw in some decent music and tried a couple loads. I cranked in some good stuff, fired up the ole air guitar between loads and it got kinda scary. So after that metal was banned from the big Waiward 450. Bigblueox.... nope I'm not at Sureway anymore. I moved over to the dark side, for better money, more work, and way more fun. As for you Hoeman.... I have a nice stockpile of pictures. I'll put the hammer down one of these days when I get some time off. I have lots of pictures of iron just kickin around, and about a dozen video's of different stuff. I also got a pretty good video of the girlfriend jumping in my hoe and loading a truck herself. I know what your thinking.... no I don't mean I got pictures of her climbing up and doing dirty things like that, you all have sick minds :drinkup I got her loading a truck and she accidentally knocked a side board with the bucket and the driver had some things to say about it. I don't want to post the video because for such a nice little innocent thing..... she has a mouth on her that would make a hoe operator blush.

  22. #22qball2008-11-12 23:35

    hang out with yer wang out

  23. #23Burnout2008-11-12 23:45

    I always travel with a 3yd 54" tooth bucket with tiger teeth on it. It will be going on in a couple weeks here. I have to load about 700 loads of clay to be shipped back to my parking lot, then I'm going out to dig a pond. By then the frost should be setting in and I'll have the digging bucket on her. Those cutting edges work ok. For next season no matter what hoe I end up with, I have asked for a high capacity tooth bucket with spades to leave a nice finish. That big 72" just takes too much time to drag through heavy ground. If I wanted my bucket to go through the ground any slower I'd have to get a Cat.

  24. #24Deere96702008-11-13 09:20

    That explains why you are laid off

  25. #25CascadeScaper2008-11-13 16:19

    Anybody else listen to Pantera? I like AC/DC, but Pantera gets me rolling pretty good while hogging material. Boy you said it about 72" buckets with cutting edges, paint dries faster than they dig through firm material. I remember loading trucks this summer in an older dash 6 PC400 with a 72", she was a little tired to say the least. We had 3 hoes loading, one loading sand, 2 others loading till. I was loading till along with another hoe. I had been doing alright, then before I knew it the CB was blowing up with drivers saying they were pulling into the site. Figures, they were probably all BS'ing at the dump site, then they all take off at the same time and back us up once they show up. Between trucks I would loosen some hardpan so that it's quick to load, I could usually get a couple loads loosened between trucks. Once the other hoe got rocked, I was doing overflow. I got slammed with 6 or 7 trucks one right after another, ran out of loose material, and got absolutely buried with that 72" bucket with a bolt on edge dragging it through hardpan. We typically ripped the till with an 8 before pushing it to the hoes, I didn't have that luxury that day. I was on a bench where we couldn't get in to rip it with the 8. That was fun times there for about 25 minutes. I'm a big fan of 72" buckets, but they gotta have twin tigers if you're in hard material.

  26. #26Lashlander2008-11-13 21:28

    I think its a federal law that if your loading a fleet of trucks and they leave the site at 5 minute intervals they can be no further than 50 feet behind the lead truck when they return. I'm not sure. It might only be a State law, but I know its the law!

  27. #27qball2008-11-13 21:53

    it is also law that they must show up on site as soon as you start break.

  28. #28Burnout2008-11-13 22:19

    I got floated over to a pond today to steal clay for my jobsite. I got stuck with the commercial crew and their 330 Hitachi with my big beast. Their operator tried jumping out of his beat to snot 330 to my 450 before I got there this morning. It was kindly explained to him by our super that the 450 is mine, and mine alone. He has 5yrs with the company and couldn't quite grasp why a kid who's been here 2 months already has his own machine, but anyways. His 330 broke down at 11:30 and I got slammed with all 27 tri-axle dump trailers. The foreman came up to me at 12 and said that things might get hectic because I had to load all the trucks myself, I told him I had already been doing it, and it wasn't a big deal since I can load em with 7 buckets and send them off. I learned the new meaning of bogging down your hoe today, Hardpacked high plastic clay and my 72" bucket didn't fare so well. I also have plugged air filters because of that topsoil job so I have been loosing power for a day or so. So I went and stole the new air filters of the Deere 450D of ours down the road and left a note. I had a few of the truck drivers I know, they cornered me at 10am this morning and told me they have formed a union and didn't want to be loaded by the other hoe because he has been overloading them all morning, and took a board off a brand new dump trailer. But on a awesome note, the float driver this morning gave me a pat on the back for having such a clean machine. He said he felt bad for getting some mud on the floormat last night when he moved it from the airport.

  29. #29Deere96702008-11-13 23:44

    Haha i bet you wernt happy when he jumped in ur machine! thats kind of an akward moment!

  30. #30RollOver Pete2008-11-14 02:28

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIazphWS0OM

  31. #31Burnout2008-11-14 21:38

    Actually it wasn't that awkward.... for me anyways. What was awkward was him getting laid off today and me being sent to another pond on sunday to work for the next few weeks. I tried hitting on my new grade girl today, I told her she could upgrade to a main hoe operator since I have that big sexy 450... Her boyfriend runs a 345 for another company and she says thats more impressive than my 450. So quickly me and my foreman coined a new catchphrase. I responded with "Once you go orange you'll never go back". She laughed, I thought it was good so I'm gettin a bumper sticker made for the hitachi to say that.

  32. #32qball2008-11-16 02:37

    man, keep it in yer pants. lol. i thought you had a girl? did she drag up?

  33. #33Burnout2008-11-16 19:41

    I do have a girl, but like the grandfather says "Just because your on a diet doesn't mean you can't look at the menu". And on that note..... I got her number.