Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I’m violating rule 14!

kshansen ยท 2014-11-18 12:40

Was just handed the new "Progressive DIsipline Policy" for my employer. I find not that I have been violating Rule 14 for several years. It says: "14 Reporting to work with an alcohol concentration of less than .04. Random or post-accident alcohol concentratioj of less than .04." Just to be safe I might slip out and get a beer for lunch!:tong

Replies6
  1. #1old-iron-habit2014-11-18 14:37

    Thats funny. "Well your Honor, I was only drinking because my companies safety policies require it." Thanks for the laugh. Roger

  2. #2digger242j2014-11-18 15:41

    That's just so wrong. I know that for some employers that's almost a necessity, but if you're able to show up and function while being perfectly sober, you should be allowed to.

  3. #3Deeretracks2014-11-18 15:47

    Better have 2 just to be safe.

  4. #4kshansen2014-11-18 17:42

    Well like we often say, "You don't have to be crazy to work here, But it sure makes the day go better!" And to be very un-politically correct, "We are glad the company hires the mentally handicapped, But why do they all get upper management positions?"

  5. #5Mike L2014-11-18 19:22

    You guys hiring?

  6. #6lantraxco2014-11-19 01:21

    One place I worked, an operator got fired for using drugs. The owner said he had proof, turned out they were doing lines of cocaine together in the owner's truck at the jobsite. Proof.......