K everyone I messed up and forgot how it goes back together because it took to long and I want to do it right the first time. So after you get done laughing please help me out. I have a cat 277b asv system I blew a hose to the drive Piston on the left side setting in the machine, noticed the others had some heavy wear so changed them all, but my sorry ass didn't mark the out side hoses to the drive, only two in question is the big main loop not the two small ones, on the inside the machine to the pump the big hose to the far back bottom goes to the ( bottom of the piston/ drive motor?) I have the shop manual and I'm not getting the info I need from it? I have a cat 277b s/n is 0277PMDH02734 I understand that the two big ports are a and b but how do I know Wich is a or b on the drive side or the pump, I know looking at the pump the back two is forward and rev. I think the bottom was forward. the drive I can only take a guess and want to say the bottom would be forward if it's hitting some kind of propeller to move it in the direction. But that's just thinking. Thanks again, and really love this place lots of great knowledge and people helping people
If all you lack is the a/b hoses. You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. The worst thing that would happen is that you would have to swap them. If you get it wrong then the only thing that would happen is the motor would travel opposite of what you command it to do. The other two smaller hoses are case drain and brakes. The case drain would be the bigger of the two.
River, Hopefully you cleaned the new hoses out, because the hose shop probably didn’t. Bad deal when all that fine dust and metallic particles from the fabrication process gets flushed through the travel motor. Hopefully your next tread isn’t asking about why one track is faster than the other. BTW, welcome to the HEF.
Great point