Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 320E fan conversion

HQ Junkie ยท 2021-10-26 14:07

I have a JD 320E with the standard fan on it & want to convert it to the reversing fan option, need to know if i only need the reversing fan kit to do this. serial# above 270k. contacted John Deere customer service & my dealership with no help from anyone about this conversion ,they don't know, tell me to see my dealer( ha ha ha ) they don't know any thing either. can any one help ( parts aren't cheep to experiment with )

Replies7
  1. #1hookedondiesel2021-10-26 15:44

    Don't really understand what you mean, do you want the fan to go in the opposite direction? If so, I would think just reversing the feed wires would do it. Not really sure but maybe someone else will chime in.

  2. #2Vetech632021-10-26 19:23

    Need MG on this one but I know on most Deere stuff I have seen the fan control valve is different. The reversing type will have the reversing coil and a select switch in the cab....maybe the skid steer is different?

  3. #3mg23612021-10-27 05:27

    Need the letter before the last 6 digits of the serial number please. AT448244 Reversing Fan Drive kit would need to be ordered. To make it work a software has to be ordered and installed by your dealer to tell your machine controller it now has that option.

  4. #4HQ Junkie2021-10-28 11:18

    J is the letter

  5. #5HQ Junkie2021-10-28 11:23

    thanks I was aware of the kit but they couldn't tell me if that was all i needed beside the software for this project

  6. #6HQ Junkie2021-10-28 11:30

    I bought the solenoid valve body used on prior years thinking i needed it also, but i am wrong (expensive lesson ) now stuck with a part not needed.

  7. #7mg23612021-10-28 12:03

    Bummer ! The kit is just a solenoid, switch and instructions that include instructions for the software download which only the dealer can do.