Since so many small ag tractor owners purchase tractors with Universal Quick Attach front mounts on their loaders, I thought it would be great to be able to increase the versatility of my Case 570 LXT Series 2 Landscape Loader (skip loader) by doing the same. Unfortunately I can't find anyone, not even a dealer that thinks this can be done cost effectively So far I've got the quick attach front end mounted and it's allowing me to very quickly change buckets and pallet forks, etc. This has already increased the usefulness of the tractor by quite a bit But until I run another set of hydraulic lines to the front of the loader, I'm not able to use the multitude of hydraulic attachments available, like brush mowers, augers, cement mixers, land rakes, front hoes, etc. My first thought was to bring the hydraulics up front by upgrading this stock Case tractor with an original 4 in 1 bucket that was offered by case, but the cost of upgrading the loader valve and the joystick is well over $5,000.00 not including the bucket. Aftermarket companies make 3rd function valves that work on smaller tractors, but they all seem to say I must have "Power Beyond" capabilities on my Case 570 LXT. My Case dealer couldn't even tell me if my tractor has Power Beyond. I'm this close to installing a simple "diverter" valve in line with one of my bucket hydraulic lines and plumbing 2 more hoses from there to some quick attach hose ends. This will at least give me power to run hydraulic accessories in addition to my current lift and tilt functions. If anyone out there has already worked through a project like this, I'd sure like to learn from them. Cheers, Joe
I'm not an expert, but doesn't your machine have rear remote hydraulics? I have seen those landscape loaders that do. So it might work to simply bringing forward the two hydraulic hoses needed. Is your machine an open center system? I have daisy chained hydraulic addons to an open center system without power beyond port, but it is not recommended apparently. That worked fine for several years.
if you do not have rear remote valves, you could get an electric solenoid valve and tie it into the bucket circuit and then you would toggle back and forth between functions. slightly cumbersome to operate but reasonably cheap
Get the service manuals for your specific machine and any related technical manuals. In the service manual for my Deere 310, in the hydraulic system section, it gives a detailed explanation of the hydraulic system on my backhoe. It tells what each component does and why, along with flow and pressure specifications. Based on that information, I was able to determine exactly where I could tie an add-on component to the system for best results. I don't know if the Case Service manuals are that detailed for your machine, but I would suspect most of the information you need is in there. Also, find out if there is an equipment salvage yard nearby, or scour the internet for one. You could probably buy the factory parts off a machine being parted out for half the cost from your dealer for your 4 in 1 bucket option. The diverter valves work, but they are cumbersome and have limited flow capabilities (can't run a brush mower, too much restriction, etc). I would tie into the main hydraulic system if I could before using a diverter valve. But, the diverter valve will probably be your fastest and cheapest option to get a 3rd function on the front of your loader.
I have an LXT series 2, with Gannon blade and scarifier, and it has a spare unused spool in the rear valve bank...even has detent.
YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT! The spare auxiliary valves on the rear produce only 8 fpm flow rate and pressure releived at 1750 PSI. I need much more if I want to run things like an auger or soil conditioner. I'd be unimpeded if I could come off of the loader end valve that currently produces 28.5 fpm and pressure relieved at 3000 psi. I've been turned on to a electro servo valve that seems like it will do the trick by running it off the front end hydraulic valve, so right now I'm full of optimism.thanks again you guys.
I have thought about doing this same thing as I have a skid steer and a Case backhoe. One thing to keep in mind is that skid steer attachments are typically rated for around 4000 lbs. and most skid steers will probably stall out before you tear up forks, grapples, etc. Your 570 LXT lifting capacity is probably around 5000 lbs. My Case 590 SL is even more than that. You could pretty easily tear up or bend your attachments. I bent a pair of clamp on forks on my backhoe bucket and the backhoe didn't even hesitate.
Hello Joe I have a 570xlt and want to put a Quick attachment on for my 4in 1 bucket what is the make of your quick attachment thank you Kevin
Do this have a PTO out the back like a tractor ? add a PTO pump, tank and valves.