Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need a komatsu expert

cooberb78 ยท 2015-12-16 19:05

I got a d20p-5 love this little dozer. It was putting exhaust in the cooling system so I pulled the sleeves. I am trying to find a rebuild kit but my local komatsu dealer says I have to order every part separate. When I pulled up the sleeves on the part imager it shows two different number, but doesn't give any explanation of the difference. I just want to get a kit and put this thing back together. Aftermarket or oem I don't care. Can someone please send me in the right direction. Thanks

Replies15
  1. #102Dmax2015-12-16 19:52

    Do an Internet search for your nearest Interstate McBee dealer. They make excellent rebuild kits. Better than OEM in my opinion. If you can't find one message me and I'll help. I can give you the number of the place I use. On a sidenote. If it was putting compression in the coolant you should really have the head checked and inspect the old head gasket very closely. I doubt the liners even needed pulled.

  2. #2Firemanmike692015-12-16 19:57

    What's the make ,model and sn of the engine ?

  3. #3cooberb782015-12-16 22:36

    It has a yanmar 4d94-2 24564

  4. #4catfixer2015-12-17 01:27

    Try maxiforce diesel engine parts. Great guys. They do a lot of yanmar stuff. While they are mostly in compact stuff such as ag tractors, skid steers, and mini exes, They may be able to help you out 800-414-2095 Where are you in missouri? I'm about 20 minutes from joplin, great to see other area guys on the forum.

  5. #502Dmax2015-12-17 08:19

    I didn't notice he was from Missouri. Glad you said that. We go through Joplin several times a year headed to Grand Lake. I'll have to keep Maxiforce in mind also.

  6. #6cooberb782015-12-17 08:48

    I'll give maxiforce a try. Thanks guys I'm in Louisiana Mo right on the Mississippi river

  7. #7mitch5042015-12-17 14:24

    That's not a Yanmar, it's a Komatsu.

  8. #8John C.2015-12-17 18:39

    If it was a Komatsu engine it would likely be a 4D95.

  9. #9cooberb782015-12-17 19:07

    I just went out and looked at the tag and all the numbers I posted are correct. Where I came up with it being a yanmar I am not sure cause I have called so many people checking for parts. Didn't mean to cause any argument or confusion just trying to find a place where I can get a full kit to rebuild this thing. Just figured this was the place to find the answers I need

  10. #10mitch5042015-12-17 19:45

    John, he said 4d94, isn't that an earlier 4d95?

  11. #11zbo22015-12-17 22:36

    Ditto on the MaxiForce... good company

  12. #12cooberb782015-12-17 22:58

    Just FYI I did call maxiforce today and they don't carry any parts for the 94 mm engine but thanks for the suggestion

  13. #13John C.2015-12-18 00:29

    The 95 series engine did not have liners. Komatsu used Yanmar engines in quite a few machines. I've been seeing more and more problems sourcing parts for the older Komatsu engines. I have a customer that just had a heck of a time trying to rebuild a 108 motor for a PC300.

  14. #14catfixer2015-12-18 00:39

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Engine-...xcavator-Dozer-Loder-Dump-Truck-/261665025093 did a little googling, came up with this kit. Not sure of quality or source, but It's what I was able to drum up in a short search. here's another one a bit cheaper http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/111808494704?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

  15. #15cooberb782015-12-18 02:45

    Ya JohnC it is a shame cause from my experience alot of these older machines seem to be built well and good machines but if you can't get parts it kinda renders them useless. Catfixer thank you for the links I also seen these but wasn't sure about over sea ordering. I have email in to several different companies guess I will wait to hear back and just way my options. Thanks guys