Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I Need a New Hour Meter

SLK001 ยท 2024-10-27 18:50

I Need a New Hour Meter Sounds simple, doesn't it? I have an hour meter on a vibrating compactor that conked out at 3232.4 hours. What I would like to do, is replace it with an hour meter preset to 3232.4 hours. I know that there are some digital hour meters that can be set (only once) to a particular hour setting, but I would like to keep the old style, round numbered wheel (analog) type of meter. Is there any place where I can get an analog meter preset? I really don't want to start back at 0000.0.

Replies2
  1. #1Tyler d4c2024-10-27 21:01

    Hook full time power to it and calculate when to shut it off. Atleast thats what we done in the past

  2. #2SLK0012024-10-27 22:32

    I've thought of doing that... it's over 19 weeks, or about 4.5 months. That's probably going to be my plan. With winter coming on, it will probably be spring before I can do any meaningful compacting.