Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Looking for a DEF delete (john deere)

Dave101 · 2024-10-30 00:09

Hey all! New as a member but have found plenty of answers in the past on here. I did not see a thread specific to my question/ need, but did find similar others. And also did not find it to be in violation of any guidelines. And if that is correct, hopefully the mods can add this subject category to the forums. My current issue: looking for someone who can do the electronic/ tuning portion for deleting the whole EGR/ DEF system that is so harmful to the environment and creates so much waste, filling the landfills with plastic jugs, and burning more diesel. (Legal where I live). Machine: John deere skidsteer 333G I did find a few options from companies online, but they are either in a foreign language/ country so tech support will be limited, or could find limited info on company reviews. I know there is techy guys out there on the forums whi do this either on the side or for a living and have a good reputation. Thanks in advance!

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2024-10-30 04:05

    There is a reason you didn’t find anything. I’m sorry but you won’t find the answers you are looking for here. It is forum policy not to assist anyone who is looking to defeat legally-mandated exhaust emissions devices.

  2. #2Vetech632024-10-30 07:43

    YIKES!!!! We got us a law breaker here!

  3. #3Dave1012024-10-30 12:14

    Not illegal to remove in all countries... Especially for offroad applications.

  4. #4Nige2024-10-30 13:47

    Yes I had noted your location and understand that it is not against the law to remove emissions systems in engines for off-road use. However in consideration that a large percentage of the membership on this forum is located in the US a decision was made not to offer advice/assistance regarding this type of modification wherever the person requesting it happened to be located.

  5. #592U 34062024-10-30 14:46

    Anyone worldwide can access this site, so someone in a country with emission laws can view the content. I'd imagine it puts the HEF owners in a place of liability by allowing those types of posts. Perhaps @Steve Frazier could explain their stance on this topic.

  6. #6cfherrman2024-10-30 19:00

    It's dumb, quickest way to get on trouble is by posting it on the Internet. Btw emissions are required for off road use

  7. #7CM19952024-10-30 19:16

    It's simple - Defeating emissions devices on diesel engines in trucks and equipment is illegal in the US. HEF is located in the US and we are not going to promote something that is illegal here. Plenty of places on the net to find that information if one lives in a country where emissions equipment is not required. Thread closed.