I need the part number for the pintle arm on top of the left hand hydrostatic pump on a 2003 S185. The aluminum arm with the square hole and pinch bolt that fits over the square shaft on the hydro pump. A bushing goes in the other end of the arm that attaches to the steering linkage. I am presently engaged in an argument with the local Bobcat dealer that is worthy of a Monty Python skit. They keep telling what I need and I keep telling them that all I want is a simple pintle arm. So far they have sent me everything but what I want. As far as this partsman is concerned, Bobcats don't even have steering. I live 350 km away so I can't just run over there and knock some heads together. There must be some online resource somewhere.
Are you looking for aluminum pintle arm like in post #7 of this thread?
That's exactly what I'm loooking for. The square hole is worn out and the pinch bolt won't keep it tight. And then it wears out some more, and on it goes. One of these new ones would work just fine.
Oh, so they have finally provided you with the correct replacement pintle arm? Or do you still need the part #?
No, I still need the part number to make sure I get the right part this time.
Well, I can take a look when I get to work tomorrow. I'm surprised that your S185 has those pintle arms fitted. By the time they started producing that machine, they had mostly changed over to the steel pintle arms. But, I've seen Bobcat do wierd stuff before. If I remember correctly, those alum pintle arms came in two choices depending on what size the hole is for the rubber bushing.
Didn't have a diagram of S185 with aluminum pintle arms, but they should be the same part number as arms used on the older models. The best I can tell, the latest part is #6729956. It has a 1.0475 hole for bushing #6685060. The older series is #6701145 with .8725, bushing #6665701, but I doubt that's the ones you have. Hope that helps.
Thank you, sir. I'll check the bushing size but I'm pretty sure its the bigger one.
Yeah, it's rare to see one of the small bushing setups anymore. The pintle arm with the larger bushings replaced those arms. Now you get to have the fun of adjusting the creep out of the drives upon installation of centering components. :tong
Yeah, I can't wait. I've done it twice before on this machine. The steel(?) they used in the linkage wears out almost as fast as you adjust it. It will be a little different when it goes back together. I've read your post on the subject. Thanks.
I hope the info makes things a bit easier for ya.