Case is sure proud of their seats. I have a 550g dozer and the seat is torn all to pieces. I was going to have it reupholstered but the seat frame is rusted out. Case wants over $600 bucks for a seat. Any ideas where I can buy a used seat? Thanks in advance for your help.
My dad bought a seat from tractor supply to replace the seat on his D5. It worked well.
There are lots of places out there where you can get aftermarket seats for about $100. It won't be a seat that lists for a 550g, but it'll hold your behind up all the same. The seat frame broke on the aftermarket seat on my Case 580sK after 10 yrs, and I was too busy that week to drive the 75 miles to the nearest place that had equipment seats, so I went to a local boat place and they gave me a boat seat they had removed because it had a small tear. I made a little flat plate to adapt the mounting holes, and found it to be more comfortable than any equipment seat I ever tried. When it finished tearing up a year later I bought a new one for $49.
www.baileynet.com
Welcome to the Forums arnold4254!:drinkup I was looking through my Bailey catalog the other morning and saw they had a replacement seat for my 334, it looks to be OEM for $300 or so, I don't remember the exact price. I am not even checking prices at the local Bobcat stealership...:cool2
For what its worth, I had some seats we took out of trucks, the old standard single place seats, like what's in an international 4900, sitting in my shed, nothing wrong with them at all, but we replaced them in the trucks with air ride's, and we put those in my case dozers, fit perfectly and on the dozers, I actually like them, far nicer than the factory one, most truck dealers have an ample supply to sell for a few bucks, nobody wants them anyhow. The best part, we just drilled four holes where the old seat and suspension sat and its done, threw the old seat and suspension away. Those single place seats, are bolted to a pedestal, you just unbolt the seat throw away the pedestal, and bolt it in the dozer, there are two different styles of truck seats, wood bottoms or metal, we put the wood in cab dozers, metal on open rops machines.