Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need advice on how to add a Ripper to my D4C

BrandonTheBuilder ยท 2022-04-19 08:11

Hi, I have D4C Series III. I understand that the XL version of my machine is fitter with a Ripper/Reaper. I found one online that I want to buy, but I am wondering what other components do I need for it to work on my machine. Do I need a Ripper Valve? I 'm not sure what this is but my mechanic mentioned my machine may not have.

Replies4
  1. #1skyking12022-04-19 10:14

    It is under the right cover behind the blade control, if you had one. I doubt you do. On the D4C I ran last week, it is a handle that you pull from right to left to raise the ripper. It is directly to your side as you sit in the seat.

  2. #2Nige2022-04-19 11:02

    Ripper is an attachment (optional accessory). If the machine was not originally built with a ripper it will likely not have the valve section necessary for controlling the function to operate the ripper. Take a look at your control valve. Does it look like this with 4 sections, or does it only have 3.? FYI the one that controls the ripper is #7.

  3. #3epirbalex2022-04-19 15:47

    Don't get hung up on whether or not it has a ripper valve , diverter valves can be installed . Only problem is the loss of flow from which function the flow is diverted from when diverted

  4. #4epirbalex2022-04-20 03:20

    This is a clip about fitting a diverter valve . For this guys application he would need an electric one An issue for a diverter valve is it should match the flow of your pump other wise the oil heats up , if you are diverting constant flow that runs through your diverter valve , not important so much if you plum into say both tilt hoses . The operation of the rippers if that was done would be ingage diverter , use tilt lever to lift or lower rippers , dis-ingage to change tilt .