Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need guidance / assistance…

Maladjusted ยท 2024-12-12 17:50

I recently purchased a 2021 Cat 299D3 from a private party. I asked earlier to verify that this machine is High Flow... it is. Could someone explain to me what is needed to run a rental mulching head for a couple of hours that requires high flow? Attached are pics of my switch panels.... any one care to teach me what each one does? (I got the lights and what not).

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-12-12 18:59

    See the attached which should get you out of today's hole. Long-term I would recommend you purchase an Operation & Maintenance Manual, expecially if you will be maintaining this machine yourself. Is the paper copy of that manual that originally would have been delivered with the machine no longer in the pocket behind the seat.? If it isn't does the original owner still have it.?

  2. #2Maladjusted2024-12-13 07:50

    Thank you Nige, Very helpful! I downloaded and read the whole document. I have a solid understanding of the operation of my 299D3 now! Off to the dealer for a High flow enabling plug. Keith

  3. #3Nige2024-12-13 08:15

    That is only one small section of the manual I recommended you to get hold of. The whole thing is somewhere in the region of 200 pages.

  4. #4Maladjusted2024-12-13 08:28

    Will do!

  5. #5Nige2024-12-14 11:59

    The Caterpillar Publication reference of the manual that you require is M0091175. It is so new that none of the normal sources (other than Cat themselves) have it available. Unfortunately that means you have no option on price. Even more reason to ask the previous owner if he still has the copy that came with the machine.