Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need some help! Quick!

6DoubleDuece ยท 2008-01-27 21:10

I have a 2003 International 7400 When I drove the the tire washer at the rock quarry the other day the ABS Light came on and will not go off! Tomorow at 3:00 I have To take a driver over to get his Class A and I can't have any lights on! Any hints on how to reset the computer (other than unhooking the battery) Thanks Brenden

Replies6
  1. #1crash9352008-01-27 22:18

    More than likely, a rock or dirt got kicked up into one of the sensors, try a rough road trip in the morning and see if that doesnt knock it loose.

  2. #26DoubleDuece2008-01-27 23:09

    I took it one of the local grades and tried to get the brakes wamed up a bit but no luck. Also tried the fuse but that won't because it just trips the "check electrical system" Light I would tape it but it would be too easy to see with the way the dash is. Thanks Guys Keep them coming! Brenden

  3. #3MKTEF2008-01-28 14:29

    Most common on that foult, is dirt on the end of the sensor on one of your wheels. There is a type of toothed wheel connected to the wheel, and a speedsensor reading the tooths as they pass. If this sensor get dirty so the tooths isn't registered u get a red light. Sensor is found in the end of the cable that goes in to the brake shield on each wheel. Another foult can be moist in one of the contacts of that cable. The cable got a contact near the sensor. U can also got a lot of dirt in the tooths on the wheel, but that is unlikely. It is different designs of the "wheeltooth", so i cant say how it is on your truck. It can also be different from front to back. On the first old abs it was at the end of the brakedrum, like a flange. If u don't find it, check your axle produsers homepage, u might find a repair manual showing where and how it looks. The wheel sensors are smal and delicate stuff, that must be treated carefully. Distance from the tooths is also important. Try to clean the face of the sensor, so it gets its readings. Your dealer can, with a ABS foultfinder, say what wheel that got problems. My grader tells me in the display...

  4. #4Grader4me2008-01-28 14:52

    Something like this MKTEF?

  5. #5thejdman042008-01-29 22:27

    exactly like that

  6. #66DoubleDuece2008-01-30 11:21

    Thanks, Guys for all the help. I had to postpone his test to the 13th but it will all work out. Thanks Brenden