Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I need your help on this one too…

Sue Steed ยท 2015-04-22 03:17

I am trying to identify the year, and weight of this CAT Dozer. It's a DH8 46 A serial number 46A17084 28H5516-registration number? Maybe you could help me identify this, and the value in it..possibly only for scrap as it needs new ring gear and pinion. It has two blades.

Replies3
  1. #1Old Magnet2015-04-22 12:40

    That's a 1968 model, bare tractor weight (no blade, cage, etc) is about 48,000 lbs. Good unit in their day with lots still in service. Ring and pinion is a pretty major job but most value is in the condition of the undercarriage.

  2. #2Oxbow2015-04-22 15:28

    If you decide to scrap it Sue please let me know. I may be interested in the blades at least, and I am in Blackfoot as well.

  3. #3Sue Steed2015-04-23 00:18

    Thanks everyone for your help.