Before it got dirty, haven't even taken it out of the truck cause its got to start work at 6.30 am tomorrow: Thats the tallest rubber I could find to keep us up out of the sand. I got some new forks with the 4 in 1. The windows got tint and I gots the boom box so I can play the doof doof music when I'm workin
nice new ride ya got there squizz!! now for some pics of it in action!
I like how they gave you a CAT beer coolie. Nice little machine, make sure to post how it does for it's size. How much did that thing cost ya?(including the beer coolie)
they are so nice when they are new. I was talking with the cat dealer at the mascon show and he was telling me how they took bits and peices from other machines to hook up radios in the skid steers because there is no radio kit. looks like your came out very nice.
Sweet! Are you adding a machine or did you replace your other machine?
Beer coolers, or as we call them, Stubbie Holders, should be supplied pre-filled but you have to supply your own beer. The basic machine is about $57K AUD.......but the Aussie dinero has gained now to about 0.90 US cents so you will have to do the math. Cat equipment is expensive here. I traded the 248B........just so I could listen to Kenny Rogers while I work
looks good i like the radio:drinkup
nice rig squizz. it stinks having to put the first scratches on it, i usually let one of my guys break em in so i have some one to hollar at for the first bruises. also i love the tie down job to the trailer is that a sheap shank knot? or a bolin? lol:usa
Congrats on the new machine Squizz. :drinkup Clarion makes a nice radio. Several of our haul trucks have them as aftermarket installs. They seem to hold up pretty well to the pounding and vibration they get.
Nice paint Squizzy, of course I would have opted for the HD version in Power Tan.:usa
I got it dirty ...leveling house pad seems best with ZZ Top:notworthy
Is this new machine smaller than your old one? Were you starting to have some problems with it? Maybe something to do with the star alignment? Kenny wasn't bad in his day.
Lash, the 226 is about 2.5 tonnes, the 248 was 3.5. The 248 is a very good machine with more hydraulic grunt on hand than was ever necassary (I'm going to miss that). As I told the Construction Equipment manager for our state, its criminal that they sell from 2 tonnes up to 5 tonnes in the skid range on the same 12 x 16.5 rubber in a state made of sand. Most of the other dealers (Mustang, Case etc) have good options for sand tyres. We went with the 248B because we were carrying 1 tonne + of blocks around with it and loading trucks etc. However, I am finding I am doing less and less larger commercial wall building (because I fired all my labourers ) and small is good. To keep the 248B for sand work meant going with OTT or changing to 14 x 17.5 rims/tyres and then wider buckets to suit. We have been wanting our own small loader for some time so we felt going to a smaller skid with a view to a 924/928 down the track was the way to go. On top of that the 248 was holding value very well and I have had good results turning the machines around every 2 years. We would like to be moving solely into excavation but a skid is like what your sitting on......you never know how much poop your in until you don't have one.
I wouldn't worry about the first scratch...ineviatably I will do the worst scratch it will ever have in the first week.....I'm the same with a new shirt...usually put a hole in it on the first day at work. Thats no trailer, its in the dump body of my truck.....and thats a ratchet strap holding the forks in....the knot is just the loose end of the strap tied off.
Nice radio install, I like how it was done on yours, I wish mine was like that too, makes it easier to turn the volume up/down, just like the Cat excavators.
:thumbsup Thanks Squizzy, Don't mean to get nosey but was curios. Your old machine still looked good last time you posted pics.
It has a remote control
Ah crap!
This is the area where I truly favour the Cat...just seems better organised and accessible than some other makes. All four filters and the cooling header are very easily accessible.
That air filter cap is a real PITA to get it off the first time, you really need to whack it, I sprayed some weasel snot into the locking tabs before I put it back on. Looks like what I got, same machine as the 247 MTL, you'll be amazed where this thing can go and turn with out nailing the rear!