Followed this truck today for 10 minutes or more on a sideroad until I let the driver know right before pulling onto a major highway.
Years ago I followed a semi that pulled out on the street ahead of me by my office. He either neglected to close or latch the 2 back doors on his trailer. He commenced to travel in the curb lane and the crown of the street allowed the right hand door to swing open. There were wooden street light / power poles immediately behind the curb, spaced about 300 feet apart. The door swung open and slammed shut when it hit the first pole. The driver looks back and doesn't see anything . 300 feet later, another big bang and the door slammed shut again . It happened about 3 times before he stopped and walked to the back of the trailer. By that time, the door had been "adjusted" enough so it wouldn't latch . I've always wondered how he explained that one to the boss.
Come snow, rain, sleet, or open doors... I was driving down the frontage road near the Oakland CA main Northern California US Post Office mail processing facility late one night a few years ago and started noticing objects in the road. Up ahead I could see a USPS truck so I sped up and caught them just before they got on I-80. Told them they might want to back up slowly and collect the packages and mail totes! They had forgotten to close the rear door after loading up, and probably would have had a nice quick unload by the time they got to the distant mountain town they were headed for... I would have stayed and helped at least guard stuff, but I was actually a passenger in a car-full of my wife's friends (poor me... , and they weren't dressed for picking stuff up off the ground... heh heh Ben~