Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I took the plunge…

da'yoop ยท 2010-06-14 18:33

Well, I did it. I went and bought my first backhoe. It's a Deere 410c and I'll try to put up a pic on here. I pray that it won't be a money pit......hahaha

Replies8
  1. #1AU.CASE2010-06-14 23:47

    Hey that looks nice, machines like that are pretty big dollars in Australia. I am in a bit of trouble round here with a recent 580SK I bought, have just put $1,600 [AUD] into basic seals, two bad clam cylinder leaks, broken transaxle mounting bolts and minor missing rubber boots etc etc. Just about to fix lots of silly things, like loose connectors and get some farm work done. Good luck!

  2. #2diggerdave19582010-06-15 19:35

    Hey, da'yoop. That is one nice looking John Deere you have there, congrats.

  3. #3da'yoop2010-06-15 22:27

    thanks.......so far I've only had to replace one of the batteries. I've only used it for about 1 hour so far, but no breakdowns yet.........I guess that's a good sign...lol

  4. #4Deere John2010-06-16 18:34

    Good for you da'yoop. There are a few of us here in the JD x10C club. Flush the coolant, and add the anti-cavitation additive so you know where you stand. It is available from Mother Deere. May as well change the other fluids too, so you know where you stand, but the coolant/additive is important in this engine. If your machine has the fancy suspension seat, do your back and your head a favour, and replace the shock if it is shot. Trust me, the $100 will seam cheap when your head hits the EROPS, and your tailbone gets shortened on the rebound. I believe the seat is made by Grammar, and the shock is theirs, available through Deere again.

  5. #5da'yoop2010-06-16 22:05

    Thanks for the tip. I need all the tips and help I can get. About all I've done beside's the battery is to use about a half gallon of armor all......lol. The inside looks 100% better. The engine oil was about a quart low so I topped that off. One of the hyd res was low so I topped that off with hygard. I forget which one was low...I think it was the reverser. The radiator was also low but I didn't know about the anti-cavitation additive so didn't do that. I'll have to get some. How much do you add to the system?

  6. #6stock2010-06-17 04:31

    Nice machine,well wear..

  7. #7TXGeoSolarPro2010-06-19 15:59

    I can speak from experience that this is very important. I had to replace the liners in my JD310. Nice looking machine.

  8. #8davidd2010-06-20 21:10

    Nice looking machine. Keep those pin and bushing with plenty of grease. Good advise about changing the coolant -- And all other fluids and filters as you may not know thier history. Lots of info on here about those models of Deere. Just get a thread started. Good luck with it. D.