I have a case 580 super e 4wd extendahoe year 1986 or 89, not sure. It has no digging power with the hoe. When trying to dig it hisses and barley can lift a load of dirt. Front loader lifts like a bear.Called a dealer and they said it was a probably a blown out o ring on the power beyond valve at the loader handle. I was on this site a while back and some one gave me a diagram of the valve but it isn't the same as mine. On the plate at the loader valve it's says J.I. Case made in the U.S.A part#G110082 serial # 6-04748. It has only 2 valves that connect to the loader handle. I took it apart and found no orings other than for the lines and no grooves in the block for orings. Called dealer again. They said it could be orings in the stabilizer block. Any body out there have the diagram for me? The dealer sent me a diagram of a different valve.
Is it your boom or stick that has no lifting power, or both? Make sure that you linkages can move the spool fully in both dirrections. Check your circuit reliefs, make sure they arent worn grooved or have a broken spring. Also check your cylinders. (stall them out and if they get hot really fast the packings have gone in them) You can find all of your parts pictures online https://webparts.pvassociates.net/cnh/webparts/main.php just type in 580se in the model selection box
everything on the backhoe part of the machine has no lifting power. Even the stabilizers have a difficult time. It doesn't matter if the oil is hot or cold; if the engine is reved up or at idle. As soon as I try to dig or pull something or lift with the hoe it makes a hissing sound like oil is bypassing.I already had the loader and hoe hydrolic system pressure tested. It was good. I had a new hydrolic pump put on. Same problem.I had 2 different mechanics tell me the same thing. They said there is a blown out o ring in either the stabilizer valves or the loader valve.My problem is that I can't find where the orings are. It is difficult to remove steel lines and hoses randomly. If I can get the right diagram or parts breakdown for my machine I should be able to fix it. I went on the case website to try to order parts so I could see a diagram but the 580 e wasn't in their site.
Hi davetile, there are probably a couple of things that can cause your problem. You have to start at the loader control valve though, and work your way back. As Gary Hoff stated, you can view your parts diagrams at the Case website. Do a parts search for 580SE. Here's what your loader valve should look like. You need to check items #25 and #26. If #26 o-ring fails, or #25 plug comes loose, you will lose pressure to backhoe functions.
Gary, I clicked on your link and it had an error message. I went on line with that address and it won't let me use it with out being a dealer.
Thanks everyone for your help. That picture looks like the valve I was messing with today. Any more info or pictures would be greatly appreciated.
I got the parts diagrams to finally work. AtcoEquip; I did try to get 25 out but it was so tight that I was afraid of rounding the allen head so I stopped trying. Any tips on gettin it out with out damaging it? Ill try again tommorrow to remove it. I got a picture of the stabilizer control valve. Could there be something bad in there? I was told that there are crucial orings in the stabilizer valve area but I don't know where to begin.
I don't see anything in the stabilizer control valves that could be the problem, but can't say that for sure at this point. Tell ya what, let's start with eliminating the loader valve as being the problem and go from there and not mess with trying to take #25 out. Working with this diagram, remove pipe #29. It looks like you going to need JIC caps to put on #28 and #30 fittings. You have now taken the relief circuit out of the front loader valve. Avoid using the front loader while these test changes have been made as it now has no relief. Now try your backhoe functions. If all work well, the problem is in the loader valve. If it still doesn't work, loader valve is not problem and we move farther back toward backhoe valves.
I didn't work on it yet. What if it is not in the loader valve? Where do I go next? I want to try to get all the info possible before I get greasy.
Dave, The case loader control valve does not have a power beyond fitting - it is only on the parker mono type body (without segments) that has the power beyond fitting. I would be looking at the quick release fittings at the rear of the machine - these enable the hoe to be removed from tractor - have seen these play up & cause restriction. A bad QR fitting may make a buzzing noise or generate heat quicker than it's mate, if you can't tell, pull them apart & inspect them.