Hello, I met with a contractor today on soil stabilzing, he went over the science on it with me. I want to learn about the estimating and quantity calculating on it though. How does the contractor know how many inches of (stabilizing material) to put down?? Is it calculated by the ton?? How is it bid, and what are some examples of unit costs for the work?? Your help and input is appreciated.
you appear to be a very nice young man, but you are asking questions with so many variables, how do we respond? my cost of operation is no doubt considerably cheaper than yours in ohio. my soils no doubt are considerably different than yours. my labor costs are cheaper. if this is something you are serious in persuing, your time would be better spent following around the estimator of your uncle's company like a puppy dog for the next 5-6 yrs.
Thanks for your input. My uncle does his own estimating and he is not an "earthmoving" person. He mainly does little general sitework and lots of pipe work. Is there anyone on the forum that can help me out?? dayexco, Could you give me some of your numbers even though they are different so I get a rough idea on numbers?? Because I don't have the slightest clue on this part of earthmoving. And could you also answer the other questions the way it is in your area; thicknesses, quantities, units, how its bid?? How much time does it take to do lets say 1,000 square yards of soil stabilizing?? I don't need exact numbers, just a general idea to help me out. Even hourly rates and such would be helpful. Sorry if I'm being vague on this topic, but I am new to it. Thanks again dayexco!
fensoncont, here is a company which has now entered the global market. maybe, you check with them and see if you can meet them personally and get your questions answered. website: http://www.soilsolutions.com/
Welcome to the Forums tonyaz. If you would please take the time, scroll through the Forum rules and familiarize yourself with the site rules. One specifically about advertising - From the RULES Page Your first post is your "freebie". If you are interested in becoming a sponsor and help support the HEF community, please contact the site founder Steve Frazier. Thank you for you cooperation.