Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

I went to the local auction today

bill allen ยท 2010-04-07 18:46

I found 3 skidsteers at the auction today that interested me. Bobcat 753G This machine had only 205 hours on it. It looked extremely clean with no issues that I could see. It sold for $12500. Cat-226B 2007 hours. Clean but shows some age. This one didn't make reserve of $12000 so it didn't sell. The owner walked up to talk to me and said the machine is solid and he would still like to sell it. I can still get this machine at something below $12000. Cat-232B 2004 This skid looked almost new but the hour meter didn't work which is odd. It sold for $13500. I probably should have pulled the trigger on that one. What do you guys think of these deals? I hesitated to buy the Bobcat because the Cats had more horsepower and I liked the pilot controls better than the foot controls. After seeing the 232B sell for $13500 I didn't want to bid over the $12500 bid for the 753G. What do you guys think of these deals and comparisons from machine to machine? I am trying to educate myself as much as I can before I buy a skidsteer but I am going to have to acquire one pretty soon. I don't really want to spend much over $15k. They are all open cab machines.

Replies1
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2010-04-07 21:00

    skidsteer Im not familiar with these machines, but what I can say, for me!!! I like any machines that have pilot controls, those foot controls kills me Track machines a big plus for me I really like Takeuchi machines, track machines. In my humble opinion, they dont make them tougher You can buy a good machine for your price, dont give up Call your local skidsteer dealer and see what trade in he may have. Lots of repo machines out there and you can buy them at a great deal, if you already have the money Good Luck