Since it's a Grader, Scraper and Dozer I'll just file it under "other eqiupment". Look who finally met. The S18G and the D57T. http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5186/5670716055_7c3ebfd49e_b.jpg
thanks Vantage.
Not to be rude but that looks suspiciously photo-shopped ish...:avid The front one looks like the linkages would be too long- when you articulate the machine it would tip to one side. Also, (quoting) "Why would you do that when you could just buy a big grader?". Thanks for sharing, I love it! I WANT ONE SO BAD!:notworthy
Diggin' Ditchin' n' Bitchin
I saw those two yesterday out on the new stoney trail, but didnt have my camera. I take it they are just demonstrators?
Just because you doubt. Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3oRT5AkjQc There is no 18 series grader to match the blade size on this and with an engine in the front and back it does exceptionally well in wetter conditions. This is an area traditional graders always fall short in, especially trying to maintain soft rutted out haul roads. Sure there is a 24 series but those fall flat on their faces in soft ground conditions as they were intended for long hard mine haul roads. Both of these machines were custom built for Alberta ground conditions were you run into heavy wet clay, and silty material. They have both been in use for around a year now and do an amazing job working in areas and conditions traditional machines fall short in. Since we (Burnout and I) think he's an outstanding guy I will mention that both of these machines were built down in California by a friend Ron, and Ken (also a great guy) from SoCal Earthmovers has some footage of the S18G being tested down there before being hauled up here to work. The D57T was also built down there but I think he only has pictures of that. Since Ken had the first scoop I hope he doesn't mind if I quote him for the information. I will also include a video of his (my favourite) showing the double articulation while blading, and the massive amount of dirt it moves. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3CuK74v2Mw
how long have these units been up here in alberta?
The D57T showed up the second week of August 2010, and the S18G was here a couple months before that. Until now the two units haven't been on the same site.
WOW! THEY ARE REAL! I thought you were pulling our legs:tong Sorry for saying photo-shop. Man that is so epic!!! I want one MORE! Thanks for all the info Vantage_TeS! :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy The questions: What does it weigh, do you know? Do the tracks wear quick as it is turning alot? Thanks guys!
Incredible machines! Truly awe-inspiring
Awesome. It's incredible what Cat is capable of building when someone asks.
It's even more incredible what can be done with out of the box thinking by guys who know what machines are needed in the given ground conditions. As Vantage_TeS has previously stated, these machines were made in California by Prairie Ron (sp?), and NOT by CAT. :usa
What this guy said