The injection actuator pressure sensor developed an oil leak. The part number on the sensor is 194-6726 which after several searches appears to be the same as 224-4536. I have ordered this sensor from three different vendors and every one derates the engine and will sometimes throw an engine light. The truck runs fine with the original sensor but the leak is only going to get worse. Any help would be appreciated.
Engine Serial Number would help, just to confirm some Part Numbers. Did you buy a genuine Cat part or aftermarket.?
Two cheap ones off eBay then an expensive one from highway heavy parts.
Engine Serial Number..? how expensive was "expensive".? A genuine Cat one is only $160.
Can you tell what code says ? Id plug in both sensors backprobe signal wire and compare voltage readings and if your multi meter can check duty cycle compare duty cycles
The engine SN is Hep 15099. I have been asking anyone I can what this could be. Someone suggested ordering sensor 248-2169 and harness 249-5294. Which I just did. I don’t have access to a scanner for this truck. If the sensor I just ordered doesn’t fix the issue then I have an Oscilloscope. I’m going to compare signal outputs from each sensor. I will let you know what happens. Thanks for everyone’s responses. Steven
Everything I can find says the newer sensor is a direct replacement for the former Part Number with nothing else required (other than a different O-Ring Part Number) as in harness, reprogramming, etc. See attached. Do you have a DMM that will measure duty cycle.? This sensor is a PWM type and it would be interesting to see how the indicated duty cycle on the original (leaking) sensor compares with the replacements that you bought - even just connected to the engine wiring harness and with the engine not running.
Now this is interesting ........... HEP-prefix is a 3126E, not a 3126B.............. However the same comments should still apply, it still shows that same Part Number of sensor.
Well, hello....... maybe the info you were given could be correct. See attached. This document updates from 224-4536, not the former 194-6726. Maybe that's why it was so difficult to find because it still does not appear under the HEP-prefix engine.
The engine is actually a 3126E. Ordered sensor 248-2169 and harness 249-5294 . Once installed the truck ran correctly. Thanks for everyone’s input. Steven