Hey today I purchased a Icon 17b at auction for 11,000 dollars a 14yd probably would have been better, but I got tired of looking and all those little pans 5 to 10 yards costing $15,000 to 20,000 plus dollars The Icon 17b is a ejector pan not new but still good and ready to go. it was advertised on machinery trader for 17,500 I think I did ok on the auction. I'm just wondering if or should my Cat Challenger 65 with 3306 with 6000 hrs handle this pan ok will it bog it down and make it turn poorly can I do anything to the Challenger to improve on the power it does have the same tranny as the 75 and 85.
What do you plan on doing with it? If you're doing a lot of stripping or drain maintenance, it'll do ok. If you're looking to get after it in tougher ground like clay or black gumbo, you're going to want a drop-center cutting edge if it doesn't have one. Is you're tractor a straight 65, or is it a 65C?
Its a nice strait 1990 model and the scraper has a drop center cutting edge it will be used on pond work and general grading jobs such as farm and some commercial and land development.