Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ID my seal

aidank ยท 2010-09-13 03:04

evening all, need some help Id'ing a seal as it is leaking and local shop can't source it, said I would try on here as a last a chance Seal OD 140mm seal Id to outside of seat 108mm seal Id to inside of seat 106.8mm seal thickness frount to back 14.8mm material of construction: housing is made of steel with rubber seat which rotates numbers on seal 104160 0 8ABO02894BY MADE IN BRAZIL Seal came from an Braseixos (Rockwell) PRA-181 axle and is a rotary seal preventing the oil from leaking past the hub shaft and out onto the ground Braseixos (Rockwell) are now owned by Axletech? there is a trademark on the seal it looks like a "Y" imposed on a "Y" anyone any ideas? don't see the seal listed here either https://www.offhighwayplus.com/Docs/2010Parts.pdf will try and get some pictures of seal and trademark when I figure out how to get them off my phone and onto computer it is an unusual seal the seal seat rotates within the steel housing I have never seen a seal like that before seal is in the hub of a volvo L30 loading shovel, want to avoid going to Volvo for the part hence the question regards, aidan

Replies4
  1. #1Per Eriksson2010-09-13 17:29

    You could try giving BA-Trading here in sweden a call, they have alot of aftermarket parts for Volvo machinery.

  2. #2mankk472012-04-06 04:15

    VOLVO BM L30 1989. Looking for seal This loader has a Rockwell PRA-181 axels and the seal needed is from the HUB which is leaking out oil. In VOLVO parts catalog it is by number 11991937-1 according to VOLVO dealers in Finland this seal is no more available in their stock. Seal dimensions unknown as it's still inside the hub. Anyone has dimensions or place where to get the seal?

  3. #3OzDozer2012-04-06 09:30

    You can download the very good Timken Seal Specification and Interchange guide from this following link .... http://www.timken.com/en-us/product...Pages/TimkenIndustrialSealCatalogInstall.aspx

  4. #4aidank2012-04-10 15:59

    I think thats the same seal as I am talking about, I got it from volvo at the time but it was v expensive. Please send me an email and I will send you on the details that I have you might have to go to the manufacturer in Brazil for the seal