It is time to do the bucket on my JD544 loader. Which is the best cutting edge system/supplier to go with? Deere? Other?
Are you talking about the bolt on edge? I use a regional GET tool supplier. I know that Deere has some unusual bolt patterns and widths. Make sure that you get measurements if you are looking for like kind. I know that the shanks (if you are installing teeth) are the same as as Caterpillar, and the Cat teeth are even cheaper than the Deere teeth. The shanks are cheaper at Cat too. Unfortunately you can't use them (the shanks that is-you can use the teeth) since the hole patterns are ever so slightly different. Go figure.
I am open to suggestions on this, welding is not an issue so if I need to modify the bucket so be it. I don't want teeth, just a bolt on cutting edge (reversible). Talked to the deere dealer here and he can supply the original 544 system or the same thing used on a late model 544 if I want. Just wondered if there are less costly/longer lasting alternatives by aftermarket suppliers out there that someone could recommend. Never thought about Cat, I will check them out, who would have thought they would be cheaper.