Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

idles good, shuts down at high rpm

GOGOGADGET ยท 2026-05-06 19:17

Hey all, i have a 2015 329E. today was working away at half throttle, machine shut down. It started back up, idles fine, at half throttle shuts down, seems like fuel issue. Not throwing any active code, takes couple extra cranks to restart, but will fire right up. machine has 3790 hrs. any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. going to check filters, vent line to tank. Thanks in advance.

Replies2
  1. #1Welder Dave2026-05-07 00:57

    I'd see if there is a screen in a banjo fitting or somewhere in the fuel line blocking flow.

  2. #2DustAndRay2026-05-07 05:35

    Had almost the same thing happen on my 320D a while back. Turned out to be a partially clogged fuel pre-filter screen. I'd pull the primary and secondary fuel filters even if they don't look that old. After that, maybe check your lift pump pressure. I think it's most likely just a fuel delivery issue somewhere.