Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

If you could relocate you business or ust work some where else it would be where?

Speedpup ยท 2009-02-08 18:21

I would head south where people are nice like in VA or NC. I may be in dreamland but it seems that way to me from buying machines and parts from the south. most builders and equipment people on Long Island are horrible on a good day.:throwup:throwup:duh:duh Even going to PA is like another world!

Replies8
  1. #1T_S_S2009-02-08 22:20

    I would relocate my business to Nc , Florida, or the Dominican Republic

  2. #2Northart2009-02-08 23:06

    Greener Pastures ? Looking for Greener pastures ? How about Somalia, looks like piracy is a new occupation, thats doing quite well for the moment ! LOL Low investment, high return ! Ooohh ! No, don't try that, just joking ! Wait to see where,what is going to happen with this "Stimulus Bill" and follow the money. Somebody's going to get rich off it.

  3. #3adr022009-02-09 00:31

    I too would head south.. To Antarctica and have a monopoly. Then again, there's no place like home.

  4. #4alco2009-02-09 10:03

    I'm voting for a nice, warm, topless beach with an open bar and friendly locals. Brian

  5. #5Burnout2009-02-09 11:57

    What people aren't nice up in ft crack? And whats wrong with the women? After 2 weeks in camp I was starting to kinda like that charm the cracked out chicks have from the fort.

  6. #6swampdog2009-02-09 12:28

    Seeing as you are in the US, you might want to consider Montana. I love the Great Falls area and west of there. Merle Haggard had the right idea when he wrote "turn me loose set me free somewhere in the middle of Montana." Did you know that Montana has no state sales tax? It used to be that one could have open liquor in the car as long as only the passengers drank, but I think they changed that. And, a few years ago, they had no speed limit. Overall, they seem to value personal freedom more than do most places. As far as Canada goes, I'll take the prairies, either Saskatchewan or Alberta. Places like Quebec, Ontario, and British Columbia are way too overregulated, sort of like Canadian versions of California.

  7. #7Burnout2009-02-09 15:52

    Montana where men are men and sheep are.... well their fluffy and stuff LOL I will admit I like Alberta. It's about as redneck a place as you can get without heading down to Texas. And there is good money to be made. We just have that dark area known as the oil sands. You can cash your cheque in the bar.. have 2 bikers become your friend and then take you outside beat the crap out of you and take your money!

  8. #8Speedpup2009-02-10 19:12

    call for parts in NY and they say "have a serial number?" then you say no and you hear a click