I'm looking to retire a old 763 pos. Looking to get a newer machine with tracks. I dont care what brand bobcat kubota cat komatsu. Needs to have tracks probly 2000-2500plus hours to fit my 40k want it to weight 8k plus. I've ran cat and Bobcats mostly I havent been in a kubota. Currently have a bobcat rental machine Machine use is mixed residential commercial. I tend to ask more from this rental than it can give its sized about right though to fit around houses. It does walk all over our 763. I know all brands work kinda looking for opions on likes dislikes. 40k is alot of money to me. Thanks alot for any replies.
I'll take a swing at this. 40K is a good budget and you should have plenty of options. Not knowing if your everyday earnings are dependent on the machine being productive, I'll echo "old faithful" - you should consider what is supported in your area. I'm a Takeuchi fan but if support is minimal in your area, then there are other options. I came from old Bobcats and now I have a newer joystick machine with not a lot of seat time (in frequently used) and I can tell you it's easy enough to transition and I like the joysticks BUT I'm just NOT as confident or productive...yet. I hope that changes with time but the Bobcat felt like it was part of me and I never felt myself "thinking" about the controls... not so with the new skid... at least not yet. If it were me, I'd try to stick with a big name under 75HP to stay away from the DPF/ Emissions requirements. I'd be looking at a Takeuchi Tl230 (well under 10K and easily towable)- and keep some of the 40K as a rainy day fund. I like the Cat 259D and the Case TR270/32 as well. No experience with the Kubota skid but we have a Kubota Mini Ex that's been great.
I'd second Jav's suggestion of looking for a Tak TL230/240/250 if you have a dealer in your area. I have a TL230 that's been great and would gladly buy another. 67hp, 8200lbs, pilot controls, huge cab, overhead door, simple and very strong machine. I run large buckets on it, but the machine is only 63" wide so it fits lots of places depending on what you have on the front at the time.
I love bobcat foot controls. Guys thanks for the opinions I'll look into the takauchi , never heard of them
Your pictures look like Idaho Falls. If so, the dealer is Pioneer Equipment for Taki. They do have a TL12V2. I don't think 40K would buy it, and it is monster.