Hello. I have a 2 part question, that maybe related, but struggling with both. 2012 / Cat 259B3 / YYZ0445 a. The main fuse keeps blowing (100amp), only when i turn the ignition key to start the skid steer. Everything comes on when i put the key in its first position, or in run, but as soon as i turn to start, blows the main fuse. I thought it was the starter, but replaced with a new one, same issue. I cannot see any visual wire damage, although it's difficult to check all of the wires. Any ideas? Could it be a 12V relay or alternator? I thought maybe the ignition switch is bad or wire came off it grounding out, so that leads me to my next issue. b. How do you remove the panel with the ignition key switch? I have an enclosed cab, and the T15 torx head in 2 locations are extremely difficult to get any tool on. I seen other threads on here with the same issue, but, I have an enclosed cab, and the ROPS doesn't allow any access from the outside of the machine. I took the window out, which gave me a little more room, but even with a T15 bit and a 1/4" wrench, i can't get my hand in there to take it off. It appears the only way to access those torx are to remove the entire cab, which makes no sense. I feel like I'm missing something here? Appreciate any help.
Well you can have an electrical schematic for starters, but that requires a complete Serial Number. You are missing a digit after the YYZ. There should be five digits, you only have four, and unfortunately there are Serial Number breaks within the YYZ product range with different schematics for each group of machines. I guess the $64k question is how good are you with electrics.?
Thanks for the prompt reply. Hope my electrical skills are better than my typing skills. try this... YYZ03445 I can read a schematic, well enough to trace a wire. I just don't have any schematics. With that said, removing the torx's around the ignition panel is kicking my butt.
Check your message inbox for a schematic.
This thread may be of some use to you. HeavyEquipmentForums
Only thing on that 100A fuse are the 3 power fuse and relay modules, and the wire in between.