Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ignition Switch replacement

Bigfooteq ยท 2024-10-15 12:29

I paid $14000 for this old lift but every part I try to get for this old 2009 LiftKing is expensive. $2275 for a main hydraulic pump, $7276 for a spool valve, $637 for an alternator, now Caterpillar wants $272 for a measly little ignition switch. Is there a generic alternative for a switch? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1TD242024-11-21 19:38

    Have you tried just taking it down to a parts house or two and asking if they can ID and if not in stock, order and price. Get an option. Failing that, how did it work? As in Off, twist right to a position and start, release and it return to center. If placed in start; but failed to crank, did you have to return it to the off position then twist to try again? (Anti restart feature). When twisted left from off, what occurred (Accessory pos) I just noticed you post and may be late on inquiry.