Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 3400 – Transmission Dipstick Lengths

farmerengineer ยท 2020-08-10 10:53

Would anyone with access to an IH 3400 backhoe be willing to take a couple quick measurements for me? I need to re-create the transmission dipstick and need the lengths from where the dipstick cap rests on the tube to the "FULL" mark and the "ADD" mark. Thank you in advance. I haven't posted in a long time, but this site has been extremely helpful over the years just reading other people's questions and answers.

Replies4
  1. #1rayanspal2020-08-13 21:45

    Almost the same problem with me but of course my situation is not that bad Wish you luck, greetings

  2. #2rayanspal2020-08-14 11:59

    snaptube vidmate word to pdf

  3. #3farmerengineer2020-09-02 10:40

    I'm not sure what the above is all about but I'm still looking for the dipstick lengths if anyone is able to help out. Many thanks!

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-09-02 14:06

    Well, there has never been much discussion for that model/make tractor. I would venture to say that is why you haven't gotten a response. If no one replies with the measurement you could do a complete drain of the transmission and refill it with the specified amount it requires. Then simply use a wire to determine the full level to the top of the dipstick tube.