Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ih 3500a

stewie61 ยท 2011-03-07 20:49

Bought my machine 3 years ago,1982 IH 3500A hydrostatic transmission unfortunetly having tranny problems.IH tells me they don't make the 2 parts any more. (slipper retainer guide),(slipper retainer) for the hydrostatic motor.searched numerous web sites,called local tractor graveyards, if anyone has any suggestions it would be much very appreciated.

Replies5
  1. #1maytag2011-03-07 21:01

    motor Someone should make a suitable replacement for your motor if nobody can furnish parts. I wouldn't stop with asking Case IH but would pursue thru a hydraulic rebuild center. Yours Eaton or Sundstrand by chance? HTH, Tom

  2. #2stewie612011-03-08 19:35

    Thanks Tom for reply,I don't really know which one it is.Try looking tomorrow for any ID numbers,did go to aweb site that deals with Sundstrand,looked very close to it.I will give them a call to,but you would think some place would make or have replacement parts.Sure they made quite a few of them tractors back in the day.Thanks again!

  3. #3frogfarmer2011-03-10 17:23

    If they no longer have the parts they should release the drawing so you can build your own. I have done this many times with CAT. With the drawing a good machine shop can make the part. If your parts are rebuildable a machine shop may be able to fix what you have. I have a local shop I use that so far has made everything I have needed at a very reasonable price. They dont mind working on a one of a kind piece after making 10,000 identical widgets. I have worked on a few of those old hoes over the years but I dont have any good experiences to pass on so good luck.

  4. #4stewie612011-03-12 09:11

    Thanks frogfarmer for your reply, I did find a guy that says he can machine my parts. Have my fingers crossed!

  5. #5stewie612011-04-21 22:01

    yes it seems they have a few trans. problems,fixable though.had some info in a text doct. but seems i lost it in cyberspace,sorry!found the info on this forum about a year ago,(IH3500A)few guys have them on here.finally got my part made can't wait to put it all back together.Good luck