Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH 520b engine swap

5.9rookie ยท 2015-03-06 09:29

I believe the engine in my 520b is an 358t. Has anyone ever swapped a dt466 or 366 in place of the 358t? If so, was it worth it? Or maybe 5.9 cummins, that's what the dresser 520 had I was told. Many thanks Tony

Replies2
  1. #1dirtpig2015-03-22 16:39

    The DT 466 engine is too long. A DT 360 might go in. I do have a d 310 which is a little brother to the 358 so all things will bolt in without changes. You would loose about 25-35 hp not noticeable unless doing serious digging. 580 512 3569

  2. #2earthmover19842015-05-30 11:04

    The Dresser D359T is in your 520B. The D359T is a 6BT5.9 Cummins Diesel with a Dresser Name Tag where the Cummins cpl tag would be. Early Dresser Machines had IH power, because they were IH.