Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH/Dresser S/N vs Date of Manufacture

Mike Legg ยท 2014-11-29 14:28

I know at one time I had a chart listing the IH, Dresser 175/TD15 Serial Numbers showing what year they were manufactured; however, I can not find it. Do any of you have a listing? I would really appreciate your posting one.

Replies4
  1. #1Mike Legg2014-11-29 16:26

    I did find a chart that went up to 1985 but can not find any info after 1985. Anyways, thanks in advance for any info you can supply.....

  2. #2boone2014-12-01 23:10

    This may be what you found, but it only goes up to 1982 for the TD15/175 lineup. http://www.dozerpartswarehouse.com/page/420251932 Not sure where the Dresser Industry and later Komatsu S/N stash is located. This one goes up to 1984 for the TD-15C series. http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/International_TD-15C

  3. #3DMiller2014-12-02 05:26

    I did find this as to the IH/Dresser/Dressta then so on history: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...74idWCs9aNLrKo5qw&sig2=dglEbdQcCafYkB7kNV8F-Q Looks like 1988 was the last year for Dresser to become KDC or Komatsu Dresser, Dressta came as the Dresser name had to be dropped from the GE days.

  4. #4Mike Legg2014-12-02 09:54

    Thanks Boone and DMiller for your reply. I think I have a 1987 Dresser 175C with a serial number of 4290004U004166; however, I have never seen an official S/N chart showing the year of manufacture. Oh well.....a published list after 1985 may be hard or impossible to find?