Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH E200 transmission

harmetp ยท 2010-10-18 17:58

I think the transmission has had it in the E200. Does anybody know what transmission this would be (twin disk, etc) and is it common at all? I've searched a little and found bunches of cat transmissions, but nothing for an IH/dresser. It seems like a pretty basic transmission - could it be rebuilt without a wall full of special tools? I'm going to be doing at least an in frame rebuild of the dt407 (hopefully it has wet liners like the 466) and I suppose I could tackle the trans as well. Are there transmission rebuild kits out there? Thanks, Pat

Replies6
  1. #1rod2010-12-10 19:10

    our e200 had allison tt222 or something like that two speed trans with twin turbines in converter and sprag clutch, couldnt keep it running and wouldnt hold back downhill, we fitted a clark 4 speed out of 211 took some mods but worked better, our 407 had dry sleeves

  2. #2harmetp2010-12-13 09:23

    thanks I'm not sure what fixing up the 407 is going to be like - it would be nice to slide a 466 in there if it would half way fit. I've talked to some guys parting out scrapers, but they wanted pretty good money for their transmission and from the sounds of it the transmission was only in slightly better shape than mine. 'it takes a while for it to start moving' was their comment. I'm not sure about finding the type of clark you used and the TT222 model of allison doesn't seem to come anywhere on google, so I might be trying to find a dresser dealer (or whatever they are now) to see what transmissions would fit. thanks, Pat

  3. #3BillG2010-12-13 11:22

    The TT's and TRT's are pretty easy to rebuild with normal shop tools. The couple special ones that may be needed can be shop made with little expense. Also parts are readily available, Twin Disc bought out this line from Allison many years ago.

  4. #4harmetp2010-12-13 19:39

    Where to start looking for parts? Where would a good source of parts be - new or used? thanks, Pat

  5. #5BillG2010-12-13 21:06

    This is where I would go, http://www.partsun-ltd.com/allison.asp they have been around a long time and have the knowledge to advise based on your machine. If I were you I would decide how much I were going to use the machine and go from there. You won't really know until you get into it, also I would check pressures and if out of range remove the valve body first and check it out just in case the problem is in there. And if you do, watch that the clutch lock pin (about 1/2" diameter that the valve body holds in place) doesn't fall out.

  6. #6rod2010-12-19 04:30

    407 had habit of loosening cam gear on shaft and getting out of time, replaced all elevator rollers with d6 carrier rollers