Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

IH excavator

motrack ยท 2003-11-26 19:48

the dealership I work for took a IH excavator on trade today. !st one I have seen other then pics of them. I know of no others around these parts and was wondering if IH built it or was it sourced from someone else? Did not get a chance to really look it over but it looks well cared for and the guys in the shop said it was a good tight machine. anyone know anything about this machine...................

Replies9
  1. #1Taylortractornu2003-11-26 20:36

    I see a few of them on farms I think they were partners with a French company called Yumbo They had a few models incommon with Case/Drott machines to. www.polytrac.de may have a few answers on his English page. Most American desighned machines eventually too kup with Japanese excavators.

  2. #2BRL2003-11-28 01:01

    http://www.ihicompactexcavator.com/index.htm

  3. #3motrack2003-11-28 06:40

    when I said IH excavtor I should have said International Harvestor. this one is a golden oldie......................................

  4. #4cat3202003-11-28 09:50

    Like every thing else they don't make them anymore so I would not be looking to buy it if I was you.Parts would very hard to come buy.

  5. #5donlang2003-11-30 11:30

    I remember looking at a new IH excavator back in the late 70's. It seemed to be a good machine, but I didn't buy it because I was worried about customer support. I wound up buying a new JD 410 backhoe, which lasted me until I sold it and bought another new JD 410C 4x4 with extendahoe in 1990. The International Harvester line was more common in the 60's and 70's. They also made backhoes,rubber tired loaders, small and large dozers, track loaders up to about 2 1/2 c.y. size, and some self loading scrapers (paddle pans). The big track loaders were "lunky", but I bought a 125E track loader (1 1/4 c.y.) and really liked it. Repairs were minimal, servicability was good, operator comfort was good for the time, and the operator that I had liked International Harvester highlifts.

  6. #6IH560JL2009-01-03 19:35

    Motrack, where is this unit? Still forsale? Looking to buy i.h. Yumbo excavators for service and restore. Thks jim

  7. #7stumpjumper832009-01-06 22:08

    Ih560jl, I hate to burst your bubble, but the dealership traded the hoe in 6 years ago... I doubt it is still on the lot.

  8. #8IH560JL2009-01-11 18:07

    Just thought he might know where it got to, possibly been out to do service work?

  9. #9patjames2009-01-17 02:15

    help...Im in Tanzania Africa and Ive got to work with an old IH tracked excavator model 650 HD..STILL SMOKES AND WORKS consuming 12 litres engine oil and drinking the diesel ...and some loss in power.....can someone please help with a ny info or repair and parts site? Im in iringa Tanzania ..doing water projects....