Minutes after being delivered, 0 hours....
24 short years later....
Breaks my hart to see equipment like the latter picture .But I gues that she was worked hard for those 24 years.Was that a 680 or 780 ?
680 G. When the engine finally went I bought another one just like it, and that's why she looks so bad in the later pic. I didn't have to go to the dealer for any parts for about a year and a half... You think it breaks *your* heart?
In 79' I was about as tall as the front wheel on that thing,makes you feel old don't it digger?
Is she still there? Time for a 16 year update if so.
Boy, MD, you really went digging deep to find that one! Google earth says no. It's hard to tell for sure, but she might've still been there as late as late as April of '05, but by September of that year the space had been cleaned up. I rented that space, and when I left, I left her and some other junk behind in lieu of some of the rent. The owner was always into scrapping his own junk, so I have no doubt that she's long since been turned into washing machines, or paperclips, or something... (I still have a few parts stashed away in the garage someplace though.)
It is miserable up here today. Doing a little post mining
680 and 780 were digging monsters, I rented a 4x4 780 in the mid 90's to run back and forth on a 2-1/2 mile job without hauling or tracking an excavator around. (Meerkatting… a little digging here and a little digging there) It had a 36" bucket and plenty of power to use it.
That sure is a special moment in time on a new piece of equipment We bought a new MX-II in 1979 .
I was a model year old by then.....haha
Hell , in 79 I already had 20k hours on me.
Well that was a solid decade before my time Also was the year my dad started up our outfit but not with a new machine anything close
AC/ DC album from 1979 . All seems like it was yesterday .Time sure flies fast !
First album my Ma bought me. Whole lotta Rosey! FTW
With older cousins I grew up on all the same music! I’m an old soul for sure. Good stuff!
Pandora calls the music I listened to in high school "classic metal" I know I've got some hours on the clock, but I didn't know I was pushing "classic " status.